Friday, December 21, 2007

The Hollerdays

It's been a while since I posted but not much has really been happening.
We went to a family Christmas party in RI this past weekend. I have to say that it was a blast. My husband's family is so nice and some of the funniest people I know. We laughed a lot and ate great food. I bought a 2005 Dodge Caravan a few weeks ago, so the travel to and from RI was a breeze. The kids love having a drop down DVD player in the car and it made the time pass quickly.
While I was in RI, I went to visit my friend, Michele, who is at the Women and Infant's hospital in Providence. It was hell to find the place but once we did it was amazing to see her. She has been on bed rest for almost her entire pregnancy and was admitted to the hospital the week before Thanksgiving where she will remain until she gives birth in March. Luckily she has made it to the critical point of 28 weeks (now 29) and the baby and she are doing well. I will continue to pray that she makes it as long as she can. Fingers crossed.
I am excited for Christmas. I am almost finished but still have a few last minute things to do. I have to get a few more gifts for Samantha and Dave, and of course the stocking stuffers. The girls will go with their dad on Sunday so I can finish everything then.
I feel like a little kid. I can't wait for Santa to come and to hand out my gifts as well. It is my favorite part. The girls are so excited. They are the magic of Christmas.
We love our puppy Emmitt more every day, if that's even possible. He loves the snow so much and will spend hours outside rolling in it and running like a crazy person. Some days I think it would be easier to throw him in the bathtub to melt all of the snow balls attached to every hair on his body than to use a towel to dry him off.
Have a wonderful weekend and a very Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: