Thursday, April 3, 2008

Are You Serious?

I hate dieting for the pure reason that I like eating. My husband and I decided to go on the NutriSystem diet for a month to get a jump start on losing weight. Though it is pricey, we knew it would provide the quick results we are looking for and then at the end of that month we could begin following the Weight Watchers program where you can eat anything you want as long as it is within your point allowance.

I am a picky eater so this has been a bit of a challenge (actually a HUGE challenge). My taste buds are on strike. I've tried to reason with them that eventually they will enjoy the true taste of food again. Actually, it's not too bad. I've been on the diet for one week today and have lost 9 pounds so far. I can't complain too much. But I miss having the same things as the kids for dinner.

But imagine my surprise last night when I decided I would try the pizza for dinner. I excitedly tore open the box and took out the pizza crust, pizza sauce, and cheese. I thought perhaps this dinner came in 2 parts? Not so much.

This is the size of my pizza. As you can see, it is not much bigger than an apple. Seriously? Where's the rest of my pizza? I want my FREAKING pizza and I want it NOW.

Megan wanted to know why I was taking a picture of my pizza and I told her because I thought it was funny. I've never seen something so ridiculous. Apparently when you need to lose weight, portions are a bit smaller.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds. Realistically? I'll be happy with whatever comes off.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Seriously, why isn't it just nice to be fat??! I have a serious love/hate relationship with Weight Watchers. I can't believe you lost 9 pounds in a week!!