Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

The holiday madness is just about over. I am ready to resume to "normal" life, if that even exists. Christmas was wonderful and the kids really enjoyed all of their new loot. We have Samantha's iPod all locked and loaded as well as Megan's MP3 player. I love listening to them sing because they have no idea how loud they are and they are just belting out the tunes. We have played lots of new games which is always fun. They are going to be sad when they go back to school on Wednesday! Vacation has been very relaxing with lots of jammie days. Sounds perfect to me.

Megan got the flu early Friday morning. We were up at 3:30 and she kept getting sick every 15-30 minutes. We spent the night/morning laying on the cold bathroom floor because that was the only place she wanted to be. So we grabbed some blankets and tried to hunker down for the night. Our bathroom is not very big so needless to say there was very limited space to sprawl out. I really hate it when the girls are sick. There is nothing I can do to help them but just sit through it with them. When Megan gets sick, she gets it bad. She was scared and shook every time she thew up and kept telling me "I can't do this momma". I hate not being able to help.

She cried and told me she needed me to stay with her so I worked from home in the morning and went into the office at 11:00 (when she fell asleep and Memere took over for a few hours).

I had no idea where Megan picked up the flu bug. We really hadn't been anywhere. Well, apparently, the girls brother had the flu and their dad failed to mention it to me. You know, that is sometimes good information to have so that I can be aware and keep an eye on the girls. Go figure. THANKFULLY, Samantha did not get the flu, nor did anyone else in the house. I am very happy as I would rather give birth than throw up. Yes, I'm almost 36 and I am still afraid to get sick.

We are a child-free household this New Year's Eve and we are actually going out. We're going out to a New Years Eve Comedy Ball....there will be a great buffet dinner and comedy night followed by dancing. It should be a lot of fun. I haven't been out on New Year's in probably 6 or 7 years.

I wish all of my family and friends a happy, healthy, and very prosperous 2008.

No comments: